Plastic Film-Laminated Steel Sheets
High performance plastic film-laminated steel sheets
HISHIMETAL EX is a highly functional material produced by laminating various high-performance films on a metal sheet using the HISHIMETAL manufacturing techniques. It has new functionalities including reflectivity, insulation and sliding properties.
- Our blending, layering, and lamination technologies cultivated over many years enables us to accept custom orders and develop many different types of applications.
- Film layers and metal layers are strongly laminated using specialized composite technologies, which enables this material to be processed in the same manner as normal metal sheets including bending, cutting, punching, press-forming, rolling, and other processes.
- This material has the properties of various plastics and other properties of metal such as the strength, heat dissipation and electromagnetic shielding.
* Table can be scrolled horizontally
|Functional examples||Application examples||Development concept||Optimal plastic layer|
|Joining of dissimilar materials||Automotive parts, electronic components, and home appliance||Reduced number of components and simplified processes||Special film|
|Insulation||Electrical components, power boxes, and home appliance||Reliability, heat resistance, and flame resistance||PP,PBT,PET|
|Reflection||Signboard, lighting, and light source modules||Power reduction and reduction of uneven illuminance||Special film|
|Chemical resistance||Containers, battery materials, and experimental equipment||Durability and high processability||PP,PBT,PET|
|Slidability||Various rail materials||Grease replacement||HDPE,UHMW-PE,PVDF|
- Battery modules (insulation)
- Electronic equipment (joining of dissimilar materials)
- Automotive interiors
Manufacturing Range and Order Conditions
Contact us to discuss the specification of metals and films for custom orders.
The standard lead time for new orders/applications is approximately 90 days. The standard lead time for existing specifications is 45 days.
Contact us for to discuss details as product configurations vary.
Designed materials Department